I turned 23 yesterday. It was an absolutely wonderful day, let me tell you why...
1. When I left early in the morning for work(yes, I am back to work-yuck) birds were singing outside. It is the first time this year I have heard them and so that means spring and warm weather are on the way!
2. When I got in the car my favorite song was playing
3. I got lots of text messages and phone calls from friends and family...I am blessed to have such wonderful people in my life
4. We got a letter in the mail from the IRS saying that we will get an additional $1200 in may. What a blessing!!
5. My mom and I made a beautiful and delicious meal of chicken piccata (see above) which turned out perfect. I've made it a few times before but it needed improvement. I found the key is all in the prep work- it's one of those meals that comes together all at the last minute.
6. My parents got me some wonderful pampered chef stuff: a triffle bowl, julienne peeler, bamboo spoons and a cooling rack.
7. Max and jill made me an adorable candy bar poster with phrases like "those little nerds really skor'd big to have a hot tomale of a mamba like you"-clever. And we all know how much I love candy!! They also gave scott and I a gift certificate to PF changs for a date night!
8. Though I was sad he missed out on some yummy dinner, I made Scott work as his gift to me. Here is my reasoning...If he would have taken work off he would have not made any money, and then we probably would have gone out to dinner somewhere expensive, then my birthday would have cost us around $200. Instead he went to work and made great tips, and we weren't out the $45 for dinner. perfect.
9. After we put the kids to bed I snuggled on the couch with my sweet husband, giving me the perfect end to a perfect day!