Sunday, September 13, 2009


This weekend I flew to Utah for two very special events (keep reading).  In the last three days I have had less than 12 hours of sleep, and have pretty much been running on adrenalin...Here's the madness in a nutshell.

   3:30 pm:  board my flight with Baby B. (by the way, traveling with only one child was a dream).  She sat on the floor of the airplane and read stories while eating fruitsnacks and animal crackers.  She was being SO good that I even got to catch up on some celebrity gossip, and do a sudoku!  About ten minutes before we landed, I went to pick her up off the floor and she slipped through my grasp, causing me to catch her by the hand. POP. SCREAM.  Wonderful...we ended up in the emergency room as soon as we got to my parents house.  Poor Bianca had dislocated her elbow.  I got home from the hospital with a VERY sore and ornery little girl around about a good way to start a trip, huh!  After Catching up with my sisters, I worked until 3:30 in the morning trying to get a proposal for work done.

    7:00 am- The alarm goes off.  Too early.  We got all dolled up for a photoshoot with just the girls.  It was fun...I always like to pretend I'm a model :) 

The rest of the day was spent cooking, laughing, shopping, laughing, cleaning, organizing, laughing, and getting all the details ready for Saturday.  I had a blast with my siblings(it was the first time in a year we have all been together).  Through out the happenings of the day I was working like crazy to complete that proposal for work with a 5:00 deadline.  There was a miscommunication between me and my boss and we had to drop the proposal at the last minute. Ugh. Stressful.  I felt sick the rest of the day for the mistake.  I hate mistakes.

    2:30 am- looked frantically around the house for Tylenol PM because I couldn't fall asleep.  Too anxious.

    2:45 am- Biana woke up needing tylenol and food.  She didn't fall asleep until about 3:30, which means I didn't either.

  6:00 am:  Alarm rings.  Too early again.  I was shaking.  We get ready and head over to the temple where we attended one of the most beautiful sealings I have ever witnessed.  (A little background: My sister Candise has adopted a darling little girl and after THREE years of ridiculous court battles the adoption was finally made official.) 

Here is the little sweetie, and Bianca enjoying a popsicle...  

    1:00 pm: After cleaning up the brunch in Eliza Janes honor, we all rushed over to Provo where my dad was the humble recipiant of the Silver Beaver award, an extremely prestigious award given to nominated individuals who have made a difference in the Scouting world.  The governer of Utah even made a that's important!
    5:00 pm: did a little shopping, picked up a 5 pound brick of caramel for some tasty treats I'm making for an upcoming boutique (more details on that to come!) then stopped at Rumbi's and drool over my favorite salad. Man I wish they had Rumbi's in Washington.  My tastebuds long for it.
 We stayed up late chatting and eating delicious food (that's what we do.  Some families play games, some families play sports, my family makes and eats good food)

      5:30 am: Amber leaves for the airport.  
      8:30 am: Scott leaves for the airport
      10:30 am: Paul and Kaytie leave for mesquite
      3:00 pm: Candise and Jarom leave for Idaho.
   *sigh* I miss my brothers and sisters.  We always have such a great time together.
   I was able to relax and regroup a bit today, and will fly home to Scotty and Jack tomorrow morning.
  The weekend was quick, the company was delightful, the events were spectacular, and besides Bianca being an absolute PILL (understandable though, the poor thing), I would say it was all well worth the madness!

This is a picture of the five minutes of happiness Bianca could muster up for the trip...

sorry about the lack of pictures, they are scattered about on different cameras...hopefully I can get a few loaded soon.


Kristy said...

Wow that is really neat! Some adoptions go smoothly and some are just terrible. I'm sorry Candice had to go through all that.

On the upside having children sealed to parents is the coolest thing ever to witness.

Bummer for Bianca. When I was little i used to dislocate my shoulder so much the ER doctor taught my dad how to put it back in. I hope that isn't a reoccurance for baby B.

Kristy said...

Congrats to your Dad! That is really awesome too.

Savannah and Braden said...

Goodness me your kids are thee cutest. Your little gal looks just like you I decided (minus the chubby checks) you are looking quite svelt too my dear, what's your secret??

Jessie said...

Oh Jill, just reading about Bianca and her arm, gave me anxiety! However, I am glad that you had a good time. It sounds like it was a total whirlwind, but some of those trips are always the best ones to look back on!

ps. the pics of Bianca are darling. {as always}

Kim said...

I thought for sure they would have had her arm in a sling or something. Thats good that she doesn't though. So sorry we couldn't get together, but understandable with all the craziness you went though. We need to talk and catch up its been way to long. Miss You

Marianne said...

what??? Are you here still?

melody said...

Oh, I am so happy for Candace. At last! And that is awesome about your Dad too. I am totally not surprised. I'm glad you got to stop over for a little bit. It's fun to think we were in the same state for a few days!

cindy said...

I miss you already! Thanks so much for sharing this weekend with us. I have the best kids!

Paul & Kaytie said...

It was so fun to see you. Bianca is a doll whether or not she was a little bit onery and had a hurt elbow. I can't wait for our Girls weekend next month!