I have been tagged by my friend mac and so I guess I am supposed to tell you all 6 unusual things about myself. What I am about to share is pretty bizarre so brace yourself. If you have previously looked at me in a perfect light go ahead and visit the next blog on your list, if not then feel free to read ahead...enjoy
1. I am not sure at what point in my life I developed this odd habit, but I have a slight case of OCD. My body needs symmetry at all times which makes for some weird habits. Let me enlighten you...
- If one of my fingers or hands gets wet I have to get the other one wet
- I hate shoes that tie becuase I can never seem to get the same "tightness" on both feet.
- If I am walking up stairs or doing something where my muscles are being used I have to
use my muscles equally on each side... so when I pull a muscle or have a charlie horse you can imagine my anxiety
- I have been known to dip my dry foot in a puddle if I accidently step one foot in already.
- I am a weirdo when it comes to my hair being even on each side...ask my hair stylist julie, my hair cuts often have comments like this, "I think this side is a little longer." "this side feels a little thicker than this one"...sorry julie, I appreciate your patience.
scott knows about this oddity of mine and sometimes just to tease me he will come up to me and lick one of my cheeks, immediately I react by licking my finger and wiping it on my other cheek. When he playfully slaps my rear-end he knows that if he doesn't slap right in the middle he has to slap me on the other side to even things out.
This habit of mine doesn't interfere with my life and I rarely notice that I do it so those of you worried, don't be!
2. I have a secret fear of people that are severely handicap. When I was little we had a girl that lived next door who was handicapped and couldn't walk so she would crawl around. She also couldn't talk. As a small child imagine playing tag in the yard with a teenager who couldn't talk and crawled, and fast might I add. I know this is an irrational fear and to make me not seem like a horrible person to all reading this, you should know that to get over my fears I have spent plenty of time volunteering at the training school and peer tutoring the special needs kids.
3. I love food and love to cook, but I am a picky eater. I have never liked peppers, tomatoes, or onions and probably never will. I hate mexican food. I don't like the texture or taste of bananas and think they ruin a smoothie or fruit salad. I have never liked vegetables very much but am really trying to broaden my horizons with a new found love of cooking. I know this is all very childish and I know I am doomed to have a child who is even pickier than myself, but what can you do?!?
4. I am incredibly cheap. I rarely buy anything unless it is on sale or I know it is an amazing deal. I price compare everything at the store...and just so you all know sometimes more in the box doesn't mean it's cheaper!! I have the worst buyers remorse especially when it comes to clothing and accessories, which is why I just never buy! I am hoping that this "cheapness" of mine will subside a little as soon as scott and I are at a more stable financial point in our lives, but I highly doubt it will ever go away completely. I guess it really isn't the worst thing in the world either!
5. I absolutely have loved school and the excuse it gives me learn new things. I just graduated and I am really sad that I will no longer sit at the feet of amazing teachers on a daily basis soaking in all of their knowledge and experience.
6. I am a little kid when it comes to candy and sweet stuff. Every time I go to washington I take my nieces to this little candy store and let them pick out their favorite treats. though this make look like a cool aunt my motives are purely selfish...I just want an excuse to go and buy a pound of sour candy and not look like an idiot.
well there you have it everyone...I hope you enjoyed this rather long journey into my personal insanity. I now tag my sister amber, melody, emily and jessica crapo