Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It's about time...

Scott and I have been married for 6 years and never had a single professional picture taken.  Not any newborn photos, no first birthday cake-smashing photoshoot. nothing.

  I know, we are completely lame. 

For the last 6 years, I kept waiting for the "perfect time".  A time when I wasn't pregnant, or trying to lose weight after having a baby, or a time when Jack didn't have 5 stitches in his face. I came to the realization recently that it's not about capturing our family at the perfect time {because there isn't going to be a perfect time!}, but it's more about capturing our family at THIS time in our lives.   

So I did it.  I scheduled a photoshoot with Scott's brother Randy. Hilarious, right? Yeah, we had a photographer in the family the WHOLE time.  I know, I just became even more lame.

Randy specializes in the "Rustic" look, which I love.  He mostly takes pictures of old buildings and cars...even sells them! I can't wait to get these bad boys framed and hung!!


Man, we are one GOOD lookin' couple...{heehee}






I love this one of the kids...it perfectly captures some of the quirky things the kids do lately.  It's perfect.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute!! I love the pics and the kids did so well! and you look great!

Cindy said...

Love all of them! I do need copies.
So fun.

Brandon and Becca said...

Those are awesome pictures!

melody said...

Darling. I bet it feels good to have some awesome photos. I certainly don't get around to a family picture every year. But when I do I am always glad to have some decent shots!

Kim said...

I love love them! You guys have such a beautiful family. I love the kids photos too, in their element, not just sitting there being made to smile.
So cute!

Jessie said...

Jill! These are so great! First of all, you are a babe! {you're handsome too Scott!} :) And your kids are as darling as ever!

ps. how is it having 3 kids? I am scared to have a 3rd...{and no I am not pregnant, like i said...im a little scared!} ha!

Grandma Scott said...

Oh! my goodness..... Those are great pictures.... He is really an artist.
I wish I could paint them but I couldn't do them justice...

TracyH said...

Beautiful shots of your beautiful family! Thanks for sharing.