Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 - Our Year of "Firsts"

2010 was a busy year for the Springer family, and if I had to define it, it would be our year of "firsts".  Let's do a little re-cap...

- In February, Bianca experienced her first set of stitches.  Jack also got stitches this year, but sadly, it wasn't his first.  That kid is a constant accident waiting to happen.  I wish I could say this was our first trip to the ER, but it wasn't....and this trip would be accompanied by a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th trip.  Awesome. I especially love the ER co-pays, they're the best {insert hint of sarcasm}.


- The same weekend of Bianca's stitches marked the kids' first car accident.  It was awful.  Luckily they were fine, but I was knocked unconscious and ended up with 10 staples in my head...oooh, my first set of staples! see, this IS our year of firsts! 

- We purchased our first Minivan this year...I am officially a minivan-for-life kind of gal now.


- I met my first celebrity...The Pioneer Woman! I loved her, and she thought my hair was cute so I'm pretty sure that makes me her BFF. 



- In August we purchasd our first house! With our growing family, we knew it was time to say goodbye to the apartment dwelling days.  The homebuying process proved challenging, but it was well worth it.  We have loved the change!


August also marked our first ever camping trip.  We accompanied our friends, the Kleins to beautiful Crescent Lake and had such a great time...I can't wait to go camping again this summer and NOT be 8 1/2 months pregnant!


- In September, Sweet Delaney joined our family.  I know that she wasn't our first, but she was most definately a highlight.   I guess she kind of qualifies because she was our first baby over 9 lbs AND our first red head, {which is getting more red every day}.  She fits perfectly in our little family.  We love this gal. 


Man, we had a great year and are excited to see what 2011 brings...I'm espcially looking forward to Jack starting preschool and Scotty graduating from grad school. Wahoo!

Happy New Year everyone!




6 comments:

Cindy said...

What a year! Non-stop excitement at the Springer home. We miss you! Have a Happy New Year!

Jessie said...

What a perfect recap! I wish you guys lived closer so we could get together!

And YES, you and the pioneer woman are BFF's! I love her too! Sadly, she would probably think my hair looked like barf...because it usually does! hahaha!

Emily said...

Your life never has had a dull moment, has it? Thanks for the fun recap. Well, I guess some details weren't so fun, but at least you put a positive spin on things. I can't wait until we all reunite at Christmas time! Someday, eh?

Grandma Scott said...

Very fun to go back with you to 2010...
Great job !

Jaimie said...

Whew!! What a year!! Hopefully no more ERs in 2011!! :o)

melody said...

I second Emily's comment. And I am not surprised Jack is so accident prone. I mean, come on, didn't his mom break her collar bone, get beat up at the park, and who knows what else?!