Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Letter 2009

Let's pretend you all just went out to your mail box and recieved a wonderfully crafty card, and beautiful picture of our little family. 

Now, let's get real.  Pictures were never taken, cards were never made, and addresses were never gathered.

If I were on top of things like I'd hoped, the letter would have gone something like this...


Merry Christmas from the Springer Family!

  We started the year with a bang, or should I say a buzz, or maybe a shave.  You know it's going to be a crazy year when you shave your 2 year old's hair into a Benjamin Button look alike only two weeks into it!

If you want a good laugh, you can read more about my clipper mis-hap here.

The kids continue to grow like little weeds, and I enjoy every minute of being home with them.  Jack and Bianca have grown to be great little friends, I no longer have to separate them with laundry baskets.



Big improvement I would say!

 Not only have the two become buddies, but also perfect partners in crime.  If they are quiet and together, I KNOW there is trouble happening.

In March, Scott Started a job with the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries as an Auditor.  He enjoys his work, but is looking forward to better opportunities in the very near future.  He is also working his way through graduate school to get his Masters in Accounting.  We are counting the days to next December when we can say he is officially done with school!!  It will be SO nice to have things back to normal...as if we even know what normal is?!?

I am lucky enough to stay home with the kiddos, and have a killer job at the same time.  Since May, I have been the administrative assistant for a small company called CodeSmart.  They have been fabulous to work for, and It's nice to still have a foot in the professional world.  Earlier this year, I invested in a Vinyl cutter, which has been a lot of fun.  Several times a year, before a Show, I can be found crafting til' the wee hours of the morning. 

We have had a great year, and feel richly blessed with supportive family, loving friends, and the bounteous circumstance we live in.

May you all have a Merry Christmas, and a happy, healthy New Year!




7 comments:

Kristy said...

That is the best kind of Christmas card. Thanks! I still laughed when I saw Jacks haircut again.

Kassi said...

You are so creative! I loved the "Christmas Card"! I was right there with Kristy laughing. We hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well!

Jessie said...

So smart to just do a Christmas card on your blog. I actually contemplated something similar, but it never happened.

Merry Christmas Jill! Hope you guys have a great one!

Emily said...

Merry Christmas!!

melody said...

Those two pictures are better than a fancy shmancy card any day! Merry Christmas to you four.

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

that hair story just cracks me up! hilarious! you should totally get the artisan bread book. amazing! and so many varieties! yumm.

Jason and Kimber said...

How cute! I love reading your blog. Your kids are getting so big. Best of luck to your family in this new year. By the way--the timeout pictures are classic.