Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A busy weekend

As some of you know, I help my sister in laws with their little boutique called Waddell Creek Rustics. This weekend we did one of the biggest shows of the year called "The Secret Garden". Along with my vinyl signs, I decided to try my hand at some confections. I made these white chocolate carmeled apples and people LOVED them. I sold out my entire inventory on the first day.



Scott brought the kids down to visit one day and Jack was enthralled with the flowers or "wowers" as he calls them. He thinks they are "petee"

I thought this picture of Scott and Bianca was darling...gotta love that chub!





Mustard yellow is starting to come back into style from the seventies. We had a lady comment, "I just got my mom to get rid of all her nasty mustard stuff, and now it's coming back. great. I guess it's coming back cuter though"



We are having another show this weekend, so things are going to get crazy again! I do have a lot of fun though...and luckily I have a VERY patient husband who is nice enough to help out.

9 comments:

Kristy said...

OH that looks like fun! I wish I were creative. And I really love that mustard yellow. I think the difference with 70's is that everything used to be shiny, now it is rustic. Atleast we are improving.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

WOW! I am TOTALLY envious of your talents! OF COURSE you would be that way though! I mean seriously...LOOK AT YOUR MOM! :)

I might be in the vinyl market soon! I will let you know when I make a decision! :)

Kim said...

Those apples look so good JIlls. You're so talented, you're such a good example of sharing your talents. It makes me want to do the same thing. THanks

Kassi said...

Does you mom make those apples too? If so i have tasted them and they are sinful--best things i have EVER tasted!

melody said...

This is very cool, Jill. It seems like a great way to put your talents to use, make money, and have a hobby. Awesome.

Travis and Celena said...

That is so awesome that things are working out for you. Those caramel apples do look good. Don't forget that I want to buy that Grandma sign from you.

McBrides said...

That's awesome they all sold so fast...they looked heavenly and I'm pretty sure I would've bought like 10. And love the picture of Scott and Bianca -- so cute!

Lisa said...

No wonder your apples sold out. They look delicious!

FishinFamily said...

Hey! It was SO good to see you today. I'm sad I didn't get to peak in at Bianca. I was crazy to let the girls out of the cart and run loose. Jack is even cuter in person!! Hope you made it back safe and sound. :)