Friday, April 25, 2008

two happy grads and two tired kids...


we are finally done!! Scott and I graduated from the new Utah Valley University today. I received my bachelors in psychology and scott received his in accounting. Scotts parents were able to fly in and share this great day with us. Since Jack usually doesn't even wake up until about noon, 9:30 is pretty early to have every one dressed and out the door. As Scott and I sat on the floor during the commencement we had a full team of 2 grandmas, 2 grandpas, and an uncle and his girlfriend looking after a squirmy 18 month old and a hungry 2 month old...what troopers. I don't think there is enough goldfish or story books in the world to keep little jack occupied during a relatively boring graduation ceremony, so you can imagine after about 2 hours he was ready to fall apart. And he did. Right before pictures. Go figure. (see above and below for an illustration)
Thanks to all you family and friends who made this day possible...we couldn't have done it without you!!

12 comments:

Danielle said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting that you're both done.

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

OK that top picture of you two, is just WAY too cute! After I got past that, I couldn't help but think about what an accomplishment this is for you guys! SERIOUSLY! You two holding your two little ones really drives that home!

Good Job you guys!

McBrides said...

Congratulations you guys! That is such a great you are both graduated! And how fun that you did it at the same time!

Kristy said...

wow! way to go! I am so jealous! I have a year left just for my associates... But I may be calling Scott up for some accouting help in the next little bit!

Sarah said...

Congrats!! What a relief I am sure. Enjoy being free! So what are the plans now?

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you!! You have worked hard...Congrats!!

Candise said...

Wow...Congratulations! I have been trying to come up with a perfect little graduation gift for you both...let me know if you have any input!

Cal and Whit said...

WAHOO!! Congratulations to you both! It feels so nice to be done!
Congratulations again!

Kim said...

Wow Jills!! COngratulations, thats wonderful and a relief I bet to be all done with school. You look so pretty by the way>

Jason and Kimber said...

Congrats to you both on graduation! That must feel so nice to be finished. Scott has had some classes with one of my friends Marci Anders. We were talking the other day about blogs and some how got on that subject.

Crystal said...

Yipee for graduations! I think you should get an extra degree for finishing with two babies! Your family is so awesome.

Jodi said...

That is so awesome! I totally admire you both for working so hard to get school done while juggling work and parenthood! Its hard enough just being a parent alone. I love the pictures...what a cute little family!